[LLVMdev] LLVM command options in Visual Studio

Jeff Cohen jeffc at jolt-lang.org
Thu Apr 5 23:01:42 PDT 2007

Seung Jae Lee wrote:
> Hello.
> I wonder how I can use the options of LLVM commands in Visual Studio Debugging mode.
>
> For example,
> If I want to follow the pass on 'llc -march=x86 hello.bc' in the Visual Studio's debuggin mode, how can I let it know the options such as '-march=x86 hello.bc'?
> I can set the breakpoint in main() in llc.cpp but I can't let it cognize that I want X86 assembly code from hello.bc.
> Forgive my ignorance.
>
> Thanks,
> Seung Jae Lee

In the Solution Explorer, right click on llc and select Properties.
This brings up the "llc Property Pages" dialog box.  Select Debugging in
the left pane.  In the right pane, you'll see a property named Command
Arguments.  Set it to whatever you want.

The Solution Explorer is is either at the far left or far right of the
window.  If you don't see it, you can bring it up by selecting it from
the View menu.  You'll also need to set llc as the startup project;
again, right click on llc and click "Set as StartUp Project".