[LLVMdev] Bytecode Change

Reid Spencer rspencer at reidspencer.com
Tue Nov 7 23:55:48 PST 2006

All,

Post 1.9 we will start using bytecode version 7. Version 6 corresponds
to release 1.9.  There is some work that needs to be done to make this
happen but I'm too tired to think through it right now. I will address
this first thing in the morning. In the meantime, the CVS head version
of LLVM just changed what version 6 bytecodes means. That means your old
version 6 bytecode (before the SHR patch went in) won't auto-upgrade
correctly. Version 5 will still be fine.  I'll get this addressed as
quickly as possible.

Sorry for the delay.

Reid.