[LLVMdev] Bytecode Change

Reid Spencer rspencer at reidspencer.com
Wed Nov 8 13:37:58 PST 2006

All,

This is fixed now. Version 6 bytecode (release 1.9) will now auto
upgrade for post 1.9 LLVM.

Going forward (on CVS Head), the definition of Version 7 bytecode will
be changing as we implement the various 2.0 features. If you need to
process old bytecode files as version 7 is being defined, please retain
your version 6 (or earlier) bytecode files. These will always upgrade
along the way. At some point we might drop upgrade for versions older
than 6. That is, bytecode created with LLVM 1.9 will upgrade in 2.0, but
probably not anything older than that.

Reid.