[LLVMdev] Intel vs. AT&T Assembly.

Ralph Corderoy ralph at inputplus.co.uk
Tue May 2 04:32:25 PDT 2006

Hi Jeff,

> It's not that I am dead set against supporting any other assembler,
> it's just these sort of discussions always seem to degenerate into
> "hey, we should support assembler X that I really like!", where X
> ranges over a large set of assemblers.

Personally, I'm not fussed if the Intel assembly output can be assembled
with a particular assembler;  I'm interested in having a `readable'
assembly output to examine what x86 code is being produced by the
back-end.

Speaking of which, has there ever been any consideration to producing
hex constants in the various text outputs for values that look better in
hex, e.g.  65280 is 0xff00.  There's probably some tests that could be
done before default to decimal.

Cheers,

Ralph.