[LLVMdev] compiling the full SPEC CPU2000 suite to LLVM bytecode

Kenneth Hoste kenneth.hoste at elis.ugent.be
Wed Aug 30 11:18:21 PDT 2006

Hello LLVM-people,

I've been trying (on and off) to compile the _full_ SPEC CPU2000
benchmark suite to LLVM bytecode. The biggest problem
I'm facing is the Fortran benchmarks, for which some partial support
is already available it seems (using f2c).

Unfortunately the f2c compiler only allows the translation of
Fortran-77 programs to C code (which is then compiled using llvm-gcc).
Another solution is the commercial f95 NAG Fortran compiler, for
which some support seems to be available in the Testsuite.
Only, I can't get it to work, although my NAG f95 compiler is
working. Is it normal that this support is broken? I'm getting all
kinds of errors...

Also, with the new gcc4 frontend, it seems the Fortran issue will
disappear in the near future (with the use of gfortran). Is that
correct? Or will there
be other problems? Is the entire benchmark suite (including Fortran
benchmarks) being used the nightly tests?

Any pointers on getting the entire SPEC CPU2000 benchmark suite
compiled to LLVM bytecode will be highly appreciated.

greetings,

Kenneth

--

Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but
what they conceal is vital (Aaron Levenstein)

Kenneth Hoste
ELIS - Ghent University
kenneth.hoste at elis.ugent.be
http://www.elis.ugent.be/~kehoste