[LLVMdev] Building llvm under cygwin

Reid Spencer reid at x10sys.com
Thu Aug 3 08:00:24 PDT 2006

Antons,

I think the line-ending problem is a red herring. I saved the file
directly from Anton's email on Linux and it looked fine. Perhaps it was
a cut & paste issue or some other artifact of saving the file on Windows
from email.  In any event, it should not be delivered in that form via
CVS or a tarball.

The original symptom:
     > Can't find a library with no dependencies
        > at /llvm/obj/Debug/bin/llvm-config lin
        > e 420, <DATA> line 30.

is caused when llvm-config returns empty or no libraries back to the
llvm-gcc4 makefile system. We ran into this about a week ago and applied
some changes to llvm-config to correct the library dependencies and it
went away.  That was to get llvm-config to work correctly on PPC/Darwin.
It looks like a similar process is needed for cygwin/mingw

I have replicated the problem using the llvm-config that Anton V
supplied. I'll take a look at what might be causing this.

Reid.