[LLVMdev] How to compile llvm with mingw on Windows ?

Henrik Bach henrik_bach_llvm at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 20 14:40:00 PDT 2005

>From: "Baptiste Lepilleur"
>Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 09:29:07 +0200
>
>Henrik Bach wrote:
>>Hi,
>>
>>Please have a look on my private Getting started with MinGW:
>>
>>http://www.geocities.com/henrik_bach_llvm/
>

>Thanks Henrik.The make line was most useful. Though, in my case I also
>needed to add a -L so libimagehlp.a would be found. Here is my make line:
>
>$ make tools-only TOOLLINKOPTSB+=-limagehlp TOOLLINKOPTSB+=-lpsapi
>LDFLAGS+=-L/
>d/wut/prg/mingw/lib/ LDFLAGS+=-Wl,--no-keep-memory -r
>
>I've attempted to do this using the 'current' mingw tools. Unfortunately
>this lead to an internal compiler error.

Which version of gcc are you using? I use 3.4.2..

>Given that my primary interest in building with mingw was to be able to run
>the test and you state that it is not posible, I think I'll just give up on
>that one (I managed to build it with vc++ with much less trouble).
>
>Could you indicates why we can not run the test on Windows since you
>already looked into this ?

I tried to use the open source version of expect for NT (ExpectNT or
something like that) which is rather outdated compared to the main trunk of
the unix version. The problem is that dejagny uses some functionality not
present in the outdated ExpectNT. If you can spare some bucks try an updated
Expect for Windows with dejagnu. I haven't tried this option yet.

Henrik.