[LLVMdev] PowerPC Regressions for LLVM 1.6

John Criswell criswell at cs.uiuc.edu
Mon Nov 7 07:17:39 PST 2005

Dear All,

Thanks to the testing done by Bill Wendling, we have the following list
of regressions for PPC:

TEST (cbe) 'exception_spec_test' FAILED! ********************
TEST (cbe) 'function_try_block' FAILED! ********************

Oopack (jit, llc, and cbe) also fails, but I don't know if that's a
regression or not.

I'm alright with releasing with these regressions (they're exception
handling issues), but if someone wants to fix these in the release
branch, that's fine.

Tanya, do you have any results to report for Sparc?

Also, a note about the release branch: I will no longer be merging bug
fixes for the release from mainline CVS to the branch.  If you're
working on the release, you'll need to commit fixes directly to the
release branch.

All changes in the release branch will get merged back into mainline CVS
after the release is done, so if you fix something in the release
branch, I'll automatically merge it with mainline.  Merging the branch
into mainline is just a lot easier than merging individual revisions
into the branch.
:)

If you need help with committing stuff to the release branch, just email
the list or ask me on the IRC channel.  This gist of it is that you get
a working copy from CVS with the release branch tag (cvs co -r
release_16) and then do your commits in that working copy (all commits
will automatically go into the release_16 branch).

Thanks again, everbody, for your help with this release.  I think we'll
be getting it out either today or tomorrow if everything goes well.

-- John T.

--
John T. Criswell
Research Programmer