[LLVMdev] LLVM 1.5 Release Plan

John Criswell criswell at cs.uiuc.edu
Fri May 13 11:59:09 PDT 2005

Dear All,

First, we're pushing back the creation of the release branch until
tonight.  This means two things:

1. If you want something to go into LLVM 1.5, you have until I create
the release branch to get it in. I am tentatively scheduling this for
5:00 pm today (CST).

2. If you don't want something to go into LLVM 1.5, please refrain from
adding it until I create the release branch.  For example, please don't
add regression tests for features that you have not implemented yet.

My suggestion is to only commit bug fixes.  Please don't add anything new.

Second, I would like to recuit people to help with reviewing the
documentation.  Right now all we need to do is to make sure that the
documents accurately describe LLVM 1.5.  Here's my list of suggestions
about how to divy up the reviewing:

Myself:
LLVM Reference Manual
How to Build the C/C++ Frontend
LLVM Test Suite Manual

Chris:
LLVM Command Guide (note changes to llc command line options)
LLVM Lexicon

Misha:
Release Notes
Writing an LLVM Backend

Reid:
Bytecode Format Guide
Compiler Driver (llvmc) Guide
LLVM Makefile Guide

Rob:
LLVM Getting Started Guide

Dinakar:
Writing an LLVM Pass

Jeff Cohen:
Getting Started Guide for MS Visual Studio

If you can volunteer to review the docs listed under your name, please
email the list and let us know.  Also, feel free to volunteer even if
your name isn't listed or you want to review a document other than the
ones listed. :)

Thanks for your help so far, everybody!

-- John T.

--