[LLVMdev] LLVM 1.5 Release Plan

Reid Spencer reid at x10sys.com
Wed May 11 06:31:34 PDT 2005

Oleg,

I've been building LLVM successfully on Linux with 4.0.0 since it was
released. However, I did run into exactly the same problem you were
having. The problem is shared libraries. Somewhere in your system,
you're attempting to mix and match a 3.4 compiled library with a 4.0
compiled library and that's not allowed so you get the runtime error. As
Chris pointed out, and the error message states, the error is with the
libstdc++.so .6 library. The system is trying to load libstdc++.so at
runtime and its version is 4.0.0. However, when you compiled tblgen at
least one of those files was compiled with 3.4 header files. You need to
ensure that your INCLUDES (during configuration) points to the g++ 4.0.0
headers, not the system ones or the ones from your 3.4 bootstrap
compiler.

Reid.