[LLVMdev] new IA64 backend

Andrew Lenharth alenhar2 at cs.uiuc.edu
Thu Mar 17 14:26:27 PST 2005

On Fri, 2005-03-18 at 05:04 +0900, Duraid Madina wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> 	I've just checked in an IA64 backend to LLVM! Be warned, it's pretty
> rough right now. Here are some of the known defects:
>
> 	- No varargs

What are your issues here?  Or are they simply at the "not implemented
so I don't know" stage?  Namely, I am working on some varargs changes
that may or may not be applicable to you.

> 	- No instruction scheduling/bundling of any sort

So this one needs to be coordinated.  Next week, I might see about
adding MachineInstruction support to the SelectionDAG so you can load up
a DAG post-ISel and then spit it back out scheduled.

Andrew Lenharth
http://www.lenharth.org/~andrewl/