[LLVMdev] VC++ 2003

Jeff Cohen jeffc at jolt-lang.org
Wed Mar 9 20:54:59 PST 2005

Vyacheslav Akhmechet wrote:

>Then add llvm/win32\tools folder to a list of executable
>search paths in VC options->directories.

Actually, this is not required and the projects are set up to work
without that directory being in the search path.  That list of
directories is global to the whole machine, and it is bad form for LLVM
to have an impact on any other solutions that you may wish to build.

>The instructions aren't
>complete on this and it took me a couple of hours to figure out how to
>get this working. Once you do this, you can just double click on the
>sln file and build.

Please e-mail me any difficulties you had in following the
instructions.  In particular, why were you forced to modify the
executable search path?