[LLVMdev] Randomizing Functions & Global variables

Aaron Gray angray at beeb.net
Thu Jun 2 15:24:19 PDT 2005

>> http://www.st.cs.uni-sb.de/~lindig/src/quest/
>
> I don't know about Tanu, but we can certainly use this in finding bugs
> in LLVM!  This has been listed as an "open project" for a long time [1],
> but someone already implemented it, saving us the time and effort.
> Thanks for the link!
>
> [1] http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu/OpenProjects.html#misc_new
>
> * Random test vector generator: Use a C grammar to generate random C
>  code; run it through llvm-gcc, then run a random set of passes on it
>  using opt. Try to crash opt. When opt crashes, use bugpoint to reduce
>  the test case and mail the result to yourself. Repeat ad infinitum.

Sound like fun :)

Don't thank me, John Regehr, regehr at cs.utah.edu, Assistant Professor, School
of Computing, University of Utah, posted it to this maining list some time
ago, subject: "random testing".

I just recyled it :)

I was thinking of using Quest for getting the finer points of MS'es ABI tied
down once the NASMW and MASM LLVM backends have been put together. It can
compile dual test programs to check ABI and linking between two different
compilers, real fun !:)

6. Design a simple recognisable logo.

How about a "LLVM Inside" logo like the Intel one. Another project 'TAL' has
used a smular looking logo :-

        http://www.cs.cornell.edu/talc/

Aaron