[LLVMdev] Randomizing Functions & Global variables

Misha Brukman brukman at cs.uiuc.edu
Thu Jun 2 14:46:16 PDT 2005

Aaron,

On Thu, Jun 02, 2005 at 10:38:58PM +0100, Aaron Gray wrote:
> http://www.st.cs.uni-sb.de/~lindig/src/quest/

I don't know about Tanu, but we can certainly use this in finding bugs
in LLVM!  This has been listed as an "open project" for a long time [1],
but someone already implemented it, saving us the time and effort.
Thanks for the link!

[1] http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu/OpenProjects.html#misc_new

* Random test vector generator: Use a C grammar to generate random C
  code; run it through llvm-gcc, then run a random set of passes on it
  using opt. Try to crash opt. When opt crashes, use bugpoint to reduce
  the test case and mail the result to yourself. Repeat ad infinitum.

--
Misha Brukman :: http://misha.brukman.net :: http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu