[LLVMdev] Need help on SPEC 95 "standard" commandlines

Chris Lattner sabre at nondot.org
Thu Jul 21 20:30:52 PDT 2005

On Thu, 21 Jul 2005, Long Fei wrote:
> Does anyone know the "standard" commandline to compile and run spec95
> benchmarks ?
>
> I found some scripts in llvm test suite (External/SPEC/CINT95), but I am not
> sure if they are the *default ref* configurations. <Some of them seem to use
> smaller problem sizes.> SPEC95 was retired many years ago, so few people
> around me know how to compile and run them.
>
> I am building from sourcefile without installation. so I expect commandlines
> like:
> <gcc -Dflag1 -Dflag2 -O2 -o spec_go aaa.c bbb.c ... nnn.c -lm>
> and then
> <./spec_go param_1 param_2 ...>
>
> For instance, in SPEC2000 175.vpr, we have:
> 1) gcc -DNDEBUG -DNO_GRAPHICS -O2 -o spec_vpr main.c util.c read_netlist.c
> read_arch.c place.c route.c draw.c graphics.c stats.c segment_stats.c
> rr_graph.c rr_graph2.c rr_graph_sbox.c rr_graph_util.c
> rr_graph_timing_params.c rr_graph_area.c check_rr_graph.c check_route.c
> hash.c read_place.c -lm
> 2) ./spec_vpr net.in arch.in place.out dum.out -nodisp -place_only -init_t 5
> -exit_t 0.005 -alpha_t 0.9412 -inner_num 2
>
> I am particularly interested in the following CINT95 benchmarks:
> 099.go, 129.compress, 130.li, 132.ijpeg
>
> can anyone tell me the "standard" commandline to compile and run these
> benchmarks with the default ref configurations ?

All of this is defined by the Spec subdirectory of the test in the SPEC
distribution.  Note that different problem inputs (test/ref/train) are not
different compile-time options, they are different input files and command
line arguments.  If you look at the LLVM llvm-test makefiles, this
information is also encoded.  From the 126.gcc makefile, for example,
you'll see:

RUN_OPTIONS := -quiet -funroll-loops -fforce-mem -fcse-follow-jumps
-fcse-skip-blocks -fexpensive-optimizati
ons -fstrength-reduce -fpeephole -fschedule-insns -finline-functions
-fschedule-insns2 -O -o -

ifeq ($(RUN_TYPE),test)
STDIN_FILENAME = cccp.i
STDOUT_FILENAME = cccp.s
else
STDIN_FILENAME = amptjp.i
STDOUT_FILENAME = amptjp.s
endif

Note that llvm-test compiles the benchmarks a file at a time (with -c),
not all at once.

-Chris

--
http://nondot.org/sabre/