[LLVMdev] Need help on SPEC 95 "standard" commandlines

Long Fei lfei at ecn.purdue.edu
Thu Jul 21 20:22:57 PDT 2005

Does anyone know the "standard" commandline to compile and run spec95
benchmarks ?

I found some scripts in llvm test suite (External/SPEC/CINT95), but I am
not sure if they are the *default ref* configurations. <Some of them
seem to use smaller problem sizes.> SPEC95 was retired many years ago,
so few people around me know how to compile and run them.

I am building from sourcefile without installation. so I expect
commandlines like:
<gcc -Dflag1 -Dflag2 -O2 -o spec_go aaa.c bbb.c ... nnn.c -lm>
and then
<./spec_go param_1 param_2 ...>

For instance, in SPEC2000 175.vpr, we have:
1) gcc -DNDEBUG -DNO_GRAPHICS -O2 -o spec_vpr main.c util.c
read_netlist.c read_arch.c place.c route.c draw.c graphics.c stats.c
segment_stats.c rr_graph.c rr_graph2.c rr_graph_sbox.c rr_graph_util.c
rr_graph_timing_params.c rr_graph_area.c check_rr_graph.c check_route.c
hash.c read_place.c -lm
2) ./spec_vpr net.in arch.in place.out dum.out -nodisp -place_only
-init_t 5 -exit_t 0.005 -alpha_t 0.9412 -inner_num 2

I am particularly interested in the following CINT95 benchmarks:
099.go, 129.compress, 130.li, 132.ijpeg

can anyone tell me the "standard" commandline to compile and run these
benchmarks with the default ref configurations ?

thanks,
--Long