[LLVMdev] Optional Target Builds

Reid Spencer reid at x10sys.com
Fri Apr 22 08:54:07 PDT 2005

On Fri, 2005-04-22 at 08:15 -0500, Andrew Lenharth wrote:

> -enable-targets=x86,alpha,sparcv9
> -link-targets=alpha,host
>
> Valid options for both are:
> the names of the targets
> host
> all

As others have agreed, this is a much better approach than the one I was
thinking of. Its harder to parse in the configure script, but I can
probably find a way to do it.

> where all is the default for both items

There has been some debate about the default value. I tend to agree with
Chris on this. The default should be "all" so that everything gets
tested by default. More sophisticated users can limit the targets that
are built by merely typing -enable-targets=host on the configure line;
not a big deal in my books. One other problem with making the default
build only one or some of the targets is that it will (currently) cause
the dejagnu tests to fail because llc won't know about certain targets
that are in the test suite.

Rei.d