[LLVMdev] misc CVS patches

Misha Brukman brukman at uiuc.edu
Tue Apr 19 21:01:14 PDT 2005

On Tue, Apr 19, 2005 at 07:01:40AM +0200, Markus F.X.J. Oberhumer wrote:
> While trying to hunt down a codegen bug (not yet found) ...

Have you considered using bugpoint for your codegen debugging needs?
http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu/docs/Bugpoint.html#codegendebug

> I've collected some small patches you might find useful.

Sweet!

> Please review and apply as you see fit.

I've applied your gccld patch.

For the isExecutable patch, you check to see if it's a file first before
calling access(), but that precludes that function being used on a
directory (which is a valid sys::Path object and could be queried for
being executable), so I think it's unnecessary.  I also applied your
patch to ignore dangling symlinks.

Finally, I applied your patch to ArchiveWriter with minor modifications
-- please see llvm-commits or the web archive.

> P.S. are there any plans to remove trailing whitespace from the source
> files? - these cause noisy diffs and sometimes require much manual
> work.

Sure.  Patches are accepted, but please separate formatting changes from
functionality changes into different patches.

Thanks again!

--
Misha Brukman :: http://misha.brukman.net :: http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu