[LLVMdev] LLVM Libraries Not Compatible With libtool?

Chris Lattner sabre at nondot.org
Sun Mar 7 17:52:02 PST 2004

On Sun, 7 Mar 2004, Reid Spencer wrote:

> I have finally gotten XPS to the stage where I want to try the compiler
> and have attempted a link of libXPS which will incorporate LLVM (since
> LLVM doesn't have its own shared library).

Cool!  :)

> When I attempt to include any of the *.o files from LLVM, libtool gives
> me:
>
> > *** Warning: Linking the shared library libXPS.la against the non-libtool
> > *** objects  /proj/work/llvm/obj/lib/Debug/vmcore.o is not portable!
>
> Has anyone encountered this? Any workarounds?

I'm not sure why this is happening.  We are using libtool to do the
'relinking' (turning a bunch of little .o files into a .o file for the
whole library), with the 'Relink' command in Makefile.rules.  I am not
even close to being a libtool expert, but if you're interested in seeing
what is going wrong, that would be the place to start looking.  Perhaps
others have more insight.  :)

-Chris

--
http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu/