[LLVMdev] LLVM Libraries Not Compatible With libtool?

Reid Spencer reid at x10sys.com
Sun Mar 7 17:34:09 PST 2004

Hi

I have finally gotten XPS to the stage where I want to try the compiler
and have attempted a link of libXPS which will incorporate LLVM (since
LLVM doesn't have its own shared library).

When I attempt to include any of the *.o files from LLVM, libtool gives
me:

> *** Warning: Linking the shared library libXPS.la against the non-libtool
> *** objects  /proj/work/llvm/obj/lib/Debug/vmcore.o is not portable!

Has anyone encountered this? Any workarounds?

Reid.