[LLVMdev] Constants.cpp:368: error: `INT8_MAX' undeclared (firstuse this function)

Chris Lattner sabre at nondot.org
Thu Jul 15 15:57:20 PDT 2004

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004, Reid Spencer wrote:

> On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 17:43:27 -0500 (CDT)
>   Chris Lattner <sabre at nondot.org> wrote:
> > Sorry!  LLVM 1.3 will probably be out in a few weeks...
>
> Speaking of which, what are your intentions for 1.3? Are you waiting on CPR?
> Anything else? We're starting to get some traction with more developers and
> I think doing a release sooner rather than later might be worth it for all
> parties involved.

CPR would be really nice.  There is also this ephemeral PPC support that
may or may not make it, but would be really awesome it if did.  I would
also like to turn on some sort of interprocedural alias analysis by
default (for performance).

Another thing that is on my short list for 1.3 is to get as many .bc
format changes out of the way as possible so the backwards compat code in
the .bc reader is simpler.  In particular, I would at least like to get
placeholders for PR263 and maybe PR400.

Personally I think that we've waited much too long for the 1.3 release,
but there is a cost to doing to testing and packaging for a release.
This responsibility usually falls on John Criswell's shoulders, so we try
to fit these things into his schedule.  :)  In my personal view of the
world, I think that 2 or 3 months between a release is about right.

Thoughts?

-Chris

--
http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu/