[LLVMdev] Re: [llvm-commits] CAUTION: Type != Value

Vladimir Merzliakov wanderer at rsu.ru
Sat Jul 10 09:06:02 PDT 2004

In VMCore/Module.cpp i found line (254):

  ((Value*)Ty)->setName(Name, &ST);

Type is not Value now and for me this code call
llvm::DerivedType::addAbstractTypeUser (I think it have same index in Type
VMT in as setName in Value VMT)
with random argument values and terminated with assert fail:

Assertion failed: (isAbstract() && "addAbstractTypeUser: Current type not
abstract!"), function addAbstractTypeUser, file
/home/wanderer/pkg/build/llvm/src/llvm/include/llvm/DerivedTypes.h, line 73.

In Chris Lattner remove setName from Type class
http://mail.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/llvm-commits/Week-of-Mon-20040705/015869.html

And then i remove bogus code line as may not correct but tempory workaround
for me.

Vladimir