[LLVMdev] More on Cygwin

Oleg Smolsky Oleg.Smolsky at pacific-simulators.co.nz
Tue Dec 21 17:27:27 PST 2004

Privet,

> > Unfortunately, at the end of the process I got the following
> > configure: WARNING: ***** llvm C/C++ front end was not
> > found, or does not appear to be working.
> Yes, Reid changed the CFE build instructions to add
> "--program-prefix=llvm" to the end of the configure line, but
> autoconf and Makefiles are not yet updated with that change.
Thanks for the tip, it worked with the configuration problem. However,
further on, I'm back to the old crtend problem I reported a while ago:

llvm[0]: Linking comp_main.bc component...
/cygdrive/d/3rd-party/llvm/Debug/bin/gccld.exe -link-as-library \
-internalize-public-api-file=/cygdrive/d/3rd-party/llvm/runtime/GCCLibra
ries/crtend/comp_main.lst \
/cygdrive/d/3rd-party/llvm/runtime/GCCLibraries/crtend/Debug/crtend.bc
/cygdrive/d/3rd-party/llvm/runtime/GCCLibraries/crtend/Debug/listend.bc
-o
/cygdrive/d/3rd-party/llvm/runtime/GCCLibraries/crtend/Debug/comp_main.b
assertion "(Result->isFirstClassType() || Result == Type::VoidTy ||
isa<OpaqueType>(Result)) && "LLVM functions cannot return aggregates""
failed: file "Type.cpp", line 373
make: ***
[/cygdrive/d/3rd-party/llvm/runtime/GCCLibraries/crtend/Debug/comp_main.
bc] Error 1

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Oleg.