[LLVMdev] More on Cygwin

Misha Brukman brukman at uiuc.edu
Tue Dec 21 16:06:10 PST 2004

On Wed, Dec 22, 2004 at 12:53:10PM +1300, Oleg Smolsky wrote:
> After successfully building llvm tools-only and cfontend, I went back to
> llvm directory and ran
> configure --with-llvmgccdir=$CFEINSTALL
>
> Unfortunately, at the end of the process I got the following
> configure: WARNING: ***** llvm C/C++ front end was not found, or does
> not
> configure: WARNING: ***** appear to be working.
>
> And I do have CFEINSTALL environment variable.... BTW, I have noticed
> that executables cfrontend produces are called llvmc++.exe llvmcpp.exe
> llvmg++.exe - has that changed recently?

Yes, Reid changed the CFE build instructions to add
"--program-prefix=llvm" to the end of the configure line, but autoconf
and Makefiles are not yet updated with that change.

For now, try configuring the CFE without the --program-prefix, and you
should be fine.

--
Misha Brukman :: http://misha.brukman.net :: http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu