[lldb-dev] LLDB got SIGCHLD on hitting the breakpoint

le wang via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Sep 16 09:03:56 PDT 2020

Hello,everyone:
I've got a problem, when debugging my process with lldb tool on linux
OS(CentOS7).While I use lldb command to set breakpoints, and launch my
process, my process will execute a binary code which contains debug
information, but when my process launched, all breakpoints can not be hit,
and after a while, received several informations like below:
Process 4256 stopped and restarted: thread1 received signal:   SIGCHLD
Process 4256 stopped and restarted: thread1 received signal:   SIGCHLD
Process 4256 stopped and restarted: thread1 received signal:   SIGCHLD
Process 4256 stopped and restarted: thread1 received signal:   SIGCHLD
Process 4256 stopped and restarted: thread2 received signal:   SIGCHLD

Details can be seen in my snapshot in attachment.
It seems that lldb crashed, and at last although my process is executed,
this is meaningless. I have checked that debug information in IR is
correct. I have no idea the reason. Can anyone tell me the reason and how
to fix this problem. My lldb version is 5.0.0, which got from
http://www.llvm.org/ with llvm5.0.0