[lldb-dev] LLDB got SIGCHLD on hitting the breakpoint

le wang via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Sep 21 02:48:39 PDT 2020

Hello,everyone:
I've got a problem, when debugging my process with lldb tool on linux
OS(CentOS7).While I use lldb command to set breakpoints, and launch my
process, my process will execute a binary code which contains debug
information, but when my process launched, all breakpoints can not be hit,
The debug process and several received informations like below:
(lldb)target create  /home/out/lib/linux64/Debug/appEngine
Current executable set to '/home/out/lib/linux64/Debug/appEngine'  (x86_64)

(lldb)br s -f /home/out/lib/linux64/Debug/configDB/TestFunctionProcess.cpp
-l1
Breakpoint 1: no locations(pending).
WARNING :  Unable to resolve breakpoint to any actual locations.
(lldb)br s -f /home/out/lib/linux64/Debug/configDB/TestFunctionProcess.cpp
-l2
Breakpoint 2: no locations(pending).
WARNING :  Unable to resolve breakpoint to any actual locations.
(lldb)r
Process 4256 launched: '/home/out/lib/linux64/Debug/appEngine'  (x86_64)

Process 4256 stopped and restarted: thread1 received signal:   SIGCHLD
Process 4256 stopped and restarted: thread1 received signal:   SIGCHLD
Process 4256 stopped and restarted: thread1 received signal:   SIGCHLD
Process 4256 stopped and restarted: thread1 received signal:   SIGCHLD
Process 4256 stopped and restarted: thread1 received signal:   SIGCHLD
Process 4256 stopped and restarted: thread2 received signal:   SIGCHLD

Process stopped and restarted: thread 2 received signal: SIGCHLD
It seems these repeated restart notifications come from lldb, and at last
although my process is executed,  it is meaningless. I have checked that
debug information in IR is correct. I have no idea the reason. Can anyone
tell me the reason and how to fix this problem. My lldb version is 5.0.0,
which got from http://www.llvm.org/ with llvm5.0.0

Thanks,
le wang