[lldb-dev] Optional Dependencies in LLDB

Martin Storsjö via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jan 7 12:52:54 PST 2020

On Mon, 6 Jan 2020, Jonas Devlieghere via lldb-dev wrote:

> I just wanted to let you know that most of the work is complete for
> auto-detecting optional dependencies in LLDB. Unless explicitly
> specified, optional dependencies like editline will be enabled when
> available and disabled otherwise. This is different from  the old
> behavior, where optional dependencies were that were enabled by
> default would cause an error at configuration time. The motivation is
> to make it easier to build LLDB by making things "just work" out of
> the box.

I think (didn't test at the moment, just browsed the cmakefiles) one case
that still isn't handled properly, is the interaction between python/lua
and swig. If python or lua are detected, they are enabled, and then the
build strictly requires SWIG to be present.

I think we should check for SWIG first and require it to be present before
automatically enabling python and lua.

// Martin