[lldb-dev] The pre-built Windows LLDB binary has a dependency on an external python36.dll?

Leonard Mosescu via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Nov 20 10:56:40 PST 2019

I just installed the pre-built LLVM9 binaries on a Windows machine and I noticed that LLDB.exe imports from python36.dll. Was this an intentional change from LLVM8? (which doesn't depend on external python DLLs)

Trying to use the LLDB that comes with LLVM9, you'd get a pop-up complaining that python36.dll was not found (unless you happen to have on in your PATH) and LLDB fails to start.

Thanks,
Leonard.