[lldb-dev] RFC: Eliminate LLDB_DISABLE_PYTHON

Jim Ingham via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Mar 7 11:03:43 PST 2019

Even though you can just use debugserver/lldb-server and debug remotely, many people find it handy to be able to run a debugger directly on the device they are using.  But requiring that you port Python and bundle it with your embedded platform just to get a debugger there is a pretty big ask.  So it is still quite useful to be able to build lldb without Python.  This option hasn't been broken all that frequently in our uses, but if it is being a problem, the better solution would be to set up a bot to build with this option, so we can make sure it keeps working.

Jim