[lldb-dev] LLDB Process Attach Failed When Waiting

Greg Clayton via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu May 31 12:02:55 PDT 2018

lldb-server claims it doesn't support it:

lldb             <  48> send packet: $vAttachWait;6c616e677365727665722d7377696674#d6
lldb             <   4> read packet: $#00

Returning the empty packet ("$#00") means it is not supported, but we really should give a better error message than this.

It isn't that hard to implement. It would be easy to copy the code that is in debugserver in DNB.cpp in the DNBProcessAttachWait function. Most of it is probably posix style stuff.

So two issues here:
1 - we need a better error message when vAttachWait returns unsupported
2 - fix lldb-server to support vAttachWait

Greg