[lldb-dev] LLDB Process Attach Failed When Waiting

Ryan Lovelett via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu May 31 11:04:45 PDT 2018

> It might be a lldb-server issue?

How would one go about determining this?

(lldb) log enable -f /tmp/packates.txt gdb-remote packets
(lldb) process attach --name "<name>" --waitfor
error: attach failed: lost connection

Attached the log output. Maybe it'll make more sense to you than me.

That escalated quickly. So I've read through that log. I found something that says $qVAttachOrWaitSupported#38 with the following response being $#00. Perhaps I'm reading too much but is it that it's reporting that it is not supported?

Does lldb-server need to be compiled in a certain way to add support for attach wait?