[lldb-dev] Anybody using the Go/Java debugger plugins?

Davide Italiano via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jan 22 07:28:21 PST 2018

Hi,
during my wandering I stumbled upon the `Go` and the `Java` plugins in
the lldb source tree.
They seem to not have been touched in a while, and I'm not necessarily
sure they're in a working state. Keeping them in tree is a maintenance
burden, so unless somebody is actively using them or somebody is
willing to step up as maintainers, I'm not necessarily sure we should
pay this price.

An alternative would be that of having a pluggable mechanism to add
language support (I haven't fleshed out the details of this yet, but
it should be possible, somehow). Other languages which have out of
tree support might benefit from this (e.g. Swift/Rust).

Thoughts?

--
Davide