[lldb-dev] Questions about the LLDB testsuite and improving its reliability

Adrian Prantl via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jan 17 15:25:11 PST 2018

> On Jan 17, 2018, at 3:05 PM, Zachary Turner <zturner at google.com> wrote:
>
> Note that we're going off topic from the original goal, and I just want to re-iterate that I fully support smaller, incremental changes.

Indeed. So just to close the loop on this, it sounds like everybody is in agreement that running the tests out-of-tree is a worthwhile goal. So I will focus on implementing this next. My rough idea is to generate a fresh directory for each test configuration in $builddir/path/to/testname.config and run "make -C $srcdir/path/to/testname" there. It looks like the right place to implemented this is probably dotest.py.

I like the idea of running dotest from lit, but I'll save this for later.

-- adrian