[lldb-dev] FreeBSD LLDB buildbot

Pavel Labath via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Feb 27 08:52:20 PST 2018

On 26 February 2018 at 19:32, Ed Maste via lldb-dev
<lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
> 5. I copied the scripts (updateScripts.sh, checkoutSource.sh, etc.)
> from the previous buildbot installation (into scratch/scripts/). I
> think we should host all scripts for the builders in either the lldb
> or zorg repo - is there a reason they're not?

The existence of these scripts is a fairly non-standard feature in the
llvm buildbot world. They were created to provide a layer of
indirection between the buildmaster and the slave. The main reason for
that was that there's a fairly elaborate dance you need to do to setup
remote testing. Implementing this as a series of buildbot steps was
tricky and required a master restart everytime you needed to change
things. I wasn't involved in setting this up back then, but I guess at
some point someone just got fed up with that and implemented this.

I'm don't think we should be recommending using these for new
buildbots. There is a more standard lldb buildslave factory class in
the zorg repo that does not need these scripts (but probably needs
some resuscitation) and that's what I would recommend for the regular
setup. The scripted factory can stay for the more advanced uses, but
here I would say it's up to the buildslave maintainer to create these
scripts for himself.