[lldb-dev] FreeBSD LLDB buildbot

Ed Maste via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Feb 27 08:33:04 PST 2018

On 26 February 2018 at 22:32, Ed Maste <emaste at freebsd.org> wrote:

> 2. Install required packages:
> # pkg install cmake ninja swig30 subversion py27-pip

Also gmake and bash.

> The host is running a FreeBSD 12-CURRENT kernel and to enable tests I
> expect I'll create a new FreeBSD 12 builder, which can be initially
> connected to the staging master.

I've sent connection details for lldb-amd64-ninja-freebsd-wip-12, and
will post a patch for slaves.py and builders.py soon.

There is one problem reported by the lit tests with my jail approach:

[ RUN      ] SocketTest.TCPGetAddress
/usr/home/buildbot/scratch/scratch/llvm/tools/lldb/unittests/Host/SocketTest.cpp:207:
Failure
      Expected: "127.0.0.1"
To be equal to: socket_a_up->GetRemoteIPAddress().c_str()
      Which is: "192.168.11.4"

In a (default configuration) jail FreeBSD maps 127.0.0.1 to the jail's
IP address. Support for independent virtualized network stacks is a
more recent addition to FreeBSD and it looks like I'll need to set
that up here (or use full virtual machines).