[lldb-dev] FileSpec and normalization questions

Zachary Turner via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Apr 19 11:37:13 PDT 2018

We actually use it in some places, but it's limited.  Before I did that was
when I added the PathSyntax to FileSpec which essentially servers the same
purpose.  We could in theory drop PathSyntax now that LLVM supports all of
the same functionality.  It's a pretty invasive refactor though which I
never had time to do.

I think I might have tried to replace some of the low level functions in
FileSpec with the LLVM equivalents and gotten a few test failures, but I
didn't have time to investigate.  It would be a worthwhile experiment for
someone to try again if they have some cycles.