[lldb-dev] check-lldb-single hang

Nitesh Jain via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Jul 7 01:11:34 PDT 2017

Hi,

The "ninja -j1 check-lldb-single" hangs on MIPS-Linux after running all the tests successfully (0 failures 0 errors) with latest ToT.  It doesn't print summary message and does not return to prompt.
Even with "LLDB_TEST_THREADS=1 check-lldb", we have observed the same behaviour. Setting LLDB_TEST_USER_ARGS_NEW  to "--test-runner-name serial" does not help as it does not detect any test cases.

With "check-lldb" (without -single), we see few random failures each time we run the test suite. However these tests pass when run individually (using dotest.py).
These random failures occur where tests shares a common source file (for example tests under packages/Python/lldbsuite/test/tools/lldb-server).

Has anyone seen this before for other architectures?

We are using Python 2.7.13 to run the test suite.

Thanks,
Nitesh Jain