[lldb-dev] environment vars not passed through to linux targets

Christopher Book via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jul 5 07:42:15 PDT 2017

Hi, I'm remote debugging to linux (platform select remote-linux), and then
launching a process on the target.
> file <my binary>
> process launch -w /some/dir

When I do this, the process is launched but it gets an empty list of
environment variables.  I've confirmed that lldb and the gdb server both
have the vars, but not the target process.

I can manually pass environment variables to the target using the
'--environment' flag, and this works.  But in general I need these to be
inherited.

Based on online comments about this working on mac, this appears to be a
linux-specific bug?  Is this expected or known?

Thanks,
Chris Book