[lldb-dev] Adding D language demangling support

Mehdi Amini via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Sep 21 08:44:14 PDT 2016

> On Sep 21, 2016, at 5:52 AM, Johan Engelen via lldb-dev <lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>   I recently looked into adding demangling support for D in LLDB, but got lost in the code.
> (right now, basic D support is there with: https://reviews.llvm.org/D24794 <https://reviews.llvm.org/D24794>)
>
> I'd like some pointers to where demangling is done for the other languages, and to where I should add D support for it.

C++ demangler is in libcxxabi (and a copy is kept in LLVM itself).

LLDB includes a “fast” demangler and falls back to the libcxxabi one when the “fast” one fails.

David Majnemer mentioned he was interested in rewriting a demangler functionality in LLVM, I don’t know the scope though (could it have a common infrastructure for multiple language/scheme?).

—
Mehdi