[lldb-dev] LLDB REFORMATTING IN PROGRESS

Tobias Grosser via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Sep 8 02:29:38 PDT 2016

On Thu, Sep 8, 2016, at 11:14 AM, Pavel Labath via lldb-dev wrote:
> The clang format webpage <http://clang.llvm.org/docs/ClangFormat.html>
> recommends the following (I haven't tried it, but it sounds like it
> should work):
> svn diff --diff-cmd=diff -x -U0 | clang-format-diff.py -i
>
> I also expected that running clang-format on the current tree would be
> a no-op, but actually I get a lot of changes, mostly to do with moving
> comments around. I can only assume this is due to not using the exact
> same version of the tool.

Just to add some experiences from 'polly.llvm.org'. We always use the
latest version version of clang-format, because we also earlier observed
larger differences in formatting between different clang-format
versions. To simplify this format-checking we added a
'polly-check-format'  command to our build system. In recent releases
clang-format formatting only changed little, if at all.

Best,
Tobias