[lldb-dev] Fixing OS X Xcode build

Nico Weber via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jan 28 07:16:37 PST 2016

On Thu, Jan 28, 2016 at 9:28 AM, Todd Fiala via lldb-dev <
lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> This is all fixed up by r259028.  Change comments for r259027 contain some
> changes to the build requirements for Xcode OS X builds.
>
> These boil down to essentially:
> * OS X 10.9 is the minimum deployment version now, up from 10.8.  This is
> driven by the LLVM/clang cmake-based build.

(FWIW we build clang binaries with a deployment target of 10.6 (this
requires some trickery due to libc++ not being there) -- the cmake-based
build should at least support 10.7 without any problems as far as I know.
Not that I have a problem with lldb requiring 10.9+, the reason just sounds
a bit surprising to me.)