[lldb-dev] something just toasted the test suite on OS X

Enrico Granata via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jan 25 18:58:47 PST 2016

Author: zturner
Date: Mon Jan 25 18:59:42 2016
New Revision: 258759

Log:
Write the session log file in UTF-8.

Previously we were writing in the default encoding, which depends
on the operating system and is not guaranteed to be unicode aware.
On Python 3, this would lead to a situation where writing unicode
text to the log file generates an exception.  The fix here is to
write session logs using the proper encoding, which incidentally
fixes another test, so xfail is removed from that.

sounds like a likely culprit from what you’re saying

> I am not going to be able to look at details on that, but here's a link to the log on the OS X builder:

Do you want me to revert?

> http://lab.llvm.org:8080/green/job/lldb_build_test/16166/console <http://lab.llvm.org:8080/green/job/lldb_build_test/16166/console>
>
> --
> -Todd