[lldb-dev] Ubuntu version-based fail/skip

Tamas Berghammer via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jan 25 05:44:49 PST 2016

I think recently we are trying to reduce the number of decorators we are
having so adding a few new Ubuntu specific decorators might not be a good
idea. My suggestion would be to move on a little bit to the functional
programming style with adding a new option to @expetedFailureAll where we
can specify a function what have to evaluate to true for the decorator to
be considered (and it is evaluated only after all other condition of
@expectedFailureAll). Then we can create a free function called
getLinuxDistribution what will return the distribution id and then as a
final step we can specify a lambda to expetedFailureAll through its new
argument what calls getLinuxDistribution and compares it with the right
value. I know it is a lot of hoops to jump over to get a distribution
specific decorator but I think this approach can handle arbitrarily complex
skip/xfail conditions what will help us in the future.

What do you think?

Thanks,
Tamas