[lldb-dev] [cfe-dev] [3.8 Release] We have branched

Daniel Sanders via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Jan 15 05:30:37 PST 2016

Hi Hans,

I tried the release branch last night and I'm having problems building it. The problem is that test-suite is now building as part of the Phase[123] builds (because this project contains CMakeLists.txt's now) but cmake 3.0.2 (from Debian Jessie) generates an invalid Makefile.
The error is:
	CMakeFiles/test-suite.dir/build.make:112: *** target pattern contains no '%'.  Stop.
	CMakeFiles/Makefile2:199: recipe for target 'CMakeFiles/test-suite.dir/all' failed
And the referenced line of the generated makefile is:
	test-suite-stamps/test-suite-force-rebuild: /home/das-local/llvm-release-3.8/release/branches_release_38/llvm.src/$<TARGET_FILE:clang>
it looks like cmake isn't fully expanding its generator expressions.

Looking at my logs, it looks like the test-suite used to configure in 3.6.2 but didn't build as part of test-release.sh and then 3.7.0 stopped since we had switched to cmake and there was no CMakeLists.txt.
I've always run the test-suite as a separate step as described in http://llvm.org/docs/ReleaseProcess.html. Should we stop creating the projects/test-suite symlink to get back to the behaviour from 3.7.0 or should we do something else?