[lldb-dev] [3.8 Release] We have branched

Hans Wennborg via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jan 13 10:20:42 PST 2016

And so the release process begins.

The 3.8 branch was created today from trunk at r257626, and the trunk
version was then bumped to 3.9.

Release blockers are tracked by http://llvm.org/PR26059. If you find
any bugs (either new or already in the tracker) that you think need to
be fixed before the release, please mark them as blocking this bug.

To get a change committed on the branch, first commit it to trunk as
usual, then reply to the commit message on the mailing list with
myself and the appropriate code owner CC'd, asking for the change to
be merged to the branch.

Release notes for 3.8 should be committed directly to the branch, or
sent to me in an email and I'll do it for you. If you made any
non-trivial changes in the last six months (or know someone else who
did), please make sure they get mentioned in the notes.

Next up on the schedule is preparing the first release candidate
(RC1). This will happen in a few days, once the branch is known to be
in good shape.

The hardest part of releasing is staying on top of everything. Please
help me out by CC'ing me on any bugs, commits, or other issues that
are relevant for the release. If I'm not CC'd, there's a large chance
I will miss it.

Cheers,
Hans