[lldb-dev] Converting LLVM IR bitcode binary to different arch/sub arch

Sridhar via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Sep 3 11:07:25 PDT 2015

Hi,

Is it possible to convert a bitcode file with same target (Ex. ARM) with
sub arch (armv7 or armv7s) into another bitcode or native code format(Ex.
ARM with armv8 or arm64) ?

I am also assuming that one Arch(ARM) to another Arch(X86) conversion not
possible.(correct me if I am wrong)

This question is related to Apple's new bitcode binaries. I am trying to
understand, how Apple is going to generate native code from bit code
binaries for future devices or archs as bitcode is target-arch dependent.
Can they able convert if the new device has new Arch or new sub arch ?

@Greg, any Information would be really helpful.

Thanks,
Sridhar