[lldb-dev] LLDB: Unwinding based on Assembly Instruction Profiling

Greg Clayton via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Oct 14 11:42:06 PDT 2015

EH frame can't be used to unwind when we are in the first frame because it is only valid at call sites. It also can't be used in frames that are asynchronously interrupted like signal handler frames. So at frame zero, we typically just fall back to the default unwind plan for the current architecture which is usually follow the frame pointer for most systems.