[lldb-dev] LLDB: Unwinding based on Assembly Instruction Profiling

Abhishek Aggarwal via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Oct 14 01:49:25 PDT 2015

Hi

As far as I know, if the unwinding based on Assembly Instruction
Profiling fails in LLDB then either EH frame unwinding or some other
mechanism comes into picture to unwind properly. Am I right?

In this case, should LLDB change the unwinder plan from Assembly
Instruction Profiling to EH Frame based unwinding so that in future
the unwinding is always done with the new unwind plan rather than
first checking the assembly based unwind plan and then falling back to
EH Frame based unwind plan?

Thanks