[lldb-dev] Attaching to a stopped (cored) process hangs lldb-server
Mark Chandler via lldb-dev
lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Nov 2 17:54:10 PST 2015
So im trying to write a core handler program and use lldb to attach and dump important information about it. This works if a use my tool to attach to an existing one but I found that lldb-server will hang in a waitpid call if the kernel has invoked the tool after another process has cored.
* /proc/sys/kernel/core_pattern is set to |/opt/core_tool
* Run a.out and it segfaults
* Kernel invokes core_tool that uses lldb AttachToProcess and a.out is in state "S+"
* lldb-server hangs in source\Plugins\Process\Linux\NativeProcessLinux.cpp:867
* if I remove the waitpid it doesn't hang but fails to attach
Looks like gdb had a similar problem as well: http://www.sourceware.org/ml/gdb-patches/2008-04/msg00224.html
Any ideas on how to fix this?
Battle.Net Engineering Systems | Blizzard Entertainment
(P) 949-955-1380 x15353
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the lldb-dev