[lldb-dev] "bad_alloc" crash after downloading dependent modules.

Pavel Labath labath at google.com
Thu Jun 11 14:41:36 PDT 2015

Hello Aidan,

thanks for the information. We have identified the cause of the
problem to be an incorrect value passed through the JIT-debugger
interface <https://sourceware.org/gdb/onlinedocs/gdb/Declarations.html#Declarations>.
Specifically, the jit_code_entry:: symfile_size value is wrong. It
looks like it was written as a 32-bit value, whereas the "spec" says
the value should be 64-bit, regardless of the architecture.

Now, obviously wrong value should not crash the debugger, and we will
fix this. However, the main problem is that the wrong value is being
supplied over the interface. As I understand it, you (your team) are
in charge of the code which generates these structures. Could you
verify that this field is being set correctly?

cheers,
pl